Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Hello Again White Rug

Being the smart person I am, when we moved 2 years ago, I insisted I wanted to replace our wine colored area rug for something to better compliment our shedding white dog. OBVIOUSLY, a white colored rug would hide the white fur better.

I didnt stop to think about foot traffic, stains, and KIDS.

Only when my friend pointed out I was INSANE after she saw my pretty new white living room rug did I realize the mistake I made.

White rugs are not meant for houses that are inhabited by humans. Period.

Because they end up looking like this:


THANKFULLY, Home Depot rents the Mother-of-all-Rug-Shampooers. And for $36 its all yours for 4 hours.

I took the kids out for breakfast and then an extended browsing session at Target, while Mike stayed home and cleaned the rugs.
It was nice to spend time with the kids. (Wait dont I do that all day, every day?)

And the finished result????

Not too bad. We still that one stubborn stain. That was an entire Venti Vanilla Soy Ice Coffee my daughter dumped on my WHITE rug. OH well, that is where the ottoman goes, anyway.

No comments: