Sunday, October 5, 2008

Fall is in FULL SWING!

Welcome Fall. Its my favorite time of year!! The days are cooler. Comfy sweatshirt weather. Crisp Air. Its the best.

Yesterday, Mike and I had a kidless afternoon. We left the kids with my mom and took off for a hike. We brought the dog-in-law (my inlaws dog) and were gone for 4 1/2 hours!!!

A little old lady scolded us for letting the dog run, in the woods, unleashed.
She pointed her bony finger at us and told us we were committing a crime. I guess, she is right, but geez, let the dog have a little fun. Not to mention she is the sweetest dog in the world.

Anyway, we hiked for miles. Admired the scenery. Breathed in good fresh air. And recharged our parenting patience. Nothing like a few hours away from the kids to make you miss them so much your heart hurts.

It was a perfect day. If only I would have remembered to grab the stupid camera. Oh well. There will be more of these days to come.

No comments: