Sunday, October 26, 2008

What a crazy, fantastic weekend.

We are in a mad dash to get as much fresh air as possible before the weather gets so cold you cant stand it. Every free moment we have its like: "What do you want to do? Where do you want to go? Who is coming with us? Lets go, Lets go, Lets go." We are not new to New England living. We know soon is going to be bitterly cold and spending any amount of time outside is "SUCKY."

So, we had one hell of a crazy, busy, weekend. This is how it all broke down.

Thursday morning: We picked up Samantha's ashes. Another wave of sadness. She is in a little floral tin, and we received a certificate. She is in a better place, and at peace.

Thursday afternoon: I spent the day making Autumn stew (I will post the recipe, its that good) for my vegan brother who was coming to visit with his new wife. You can find their annoyingly perfect wedding pictures on this blog. And then I baked cookies for Uncle Bill. He has cancer, and since I never had the right words to say, I bake when I feel helpless. So, I baked.

Friday Morning:
Left here at 9:00 AM, bound for Essex to ride on the Steam Train. Coming with the four of us is my dad, Mike's mom, my niece, Mike's cousin Suzanne, her two kids Ben and Nathaniel, her mom Auntie Cookie, and her dad Uncle Bill. Uncle Bill is the one I was baking for. I love when the family all gets together. It doest happen often enough. Train ride:

Our beautiful family.


Joey, Ally and their cousin, Hailey.

After the train ride we went out for Pizza. At this cool pizza place that had a crush stone floor. Thats right, the floor was made of loose stone. The kids thought that was the most amazing thing they have ever seen. I didnt take any pictures. I am regretting that now. Moving on.

Friday afternoon:
Gillette's castle. There is some sorta of history to the castle. If you care enough you can google it. Joey is fascinated with Castles so, it just seemed like a good idea. And its right on the Connecticut River. Its a beautiful spot. And it required a ferry ride across the Connecticut River. Talk about an adventure.
Joey, Ally and Ben.

Joey and Ally having a blast. Sucking in all that fresh air.

Oh, and I need to mention the creepy bathroom. It has composting toilets. No water. Just a black hole of scariness. Modern toilets. But still totally creeped me out. Eek.

Friday Night:
Bob arrived with his wife from Oklahoma. Ate delicious Autumn Stew. Played Buzz!

Saturday Morning:
Joey had his class. The rest of hung out a did not much of anything.

Saturday Afternoon:
Went apple picking despite the fact the skies looked angry and the wind was howling. Left my camera home, so I have no pictures to share. :(

From the orchard we went to Castle Craig at Hubbard park. The view was awesome. The wind was ridiculous.

From Castle Craig we went to my grandma's house.

From Grandma's house we went to the Pet Store to pick-up Pickelegrooven.

From Picklegrooven I went grocery shopping.

From grocery shopping, I went home to make MORE autumn stew, Kay's Crunchy Cole Slaw, and Apple Crisp.

And then I went to bed.

Sunday Morning:
Made pancakes and bacon for the locals. Mike, the saint he is, took the kids hiking while I stayed home to put the house back in order.

I got on toontown for all of 1/2 hour. And here I am.

Bet you are tired just reading all that. Imagine how I feel. I'm wiped.

No comments: