Monday, July 14, 2008

Adventures in Losing Diapers Part #2

Can I just take a moment and say "My Daughter is Brilliant." Thanks.

Potty training is completed and its been a HUGE success. (She isnt even 2 yet!)

It goes something like this:

Ally: Mom, I have to go peed.
Mom: Ok, lets go.
(enter bathroom)
Ally: My do it.
Mom: Let me help you.
Ally: No, Big Girl.
Mom: Ok
(let her get as far as she can)
Mom: Need some help?
Ally: Yes, Pwease. Help Ally.
(peeing begins)
Ally: I peed.
Mom: You are awesome.
Ally: I awfum? No, you awfum.
Ally: Napkin. (yes she says napkin instead of TP)
Ally: REACH. (yes she says REACH)
Ally: Pull. (yes she says pull.)
Ally: Rip. (yes she says rip)
Ally: Wipe. (yes she says wipe)

Ally: All done. I peed again. Thanks Mom.
Mom: Good Job Baby Girl.
Ally: Bye Peed.
Ally: Turn light off.
Mom: Ok.

Cutest thing ever.

She still wears a diaper at nighttime, but it probably isnt necessary. It just an insurance policy against changing sheets in the middle of the night, if the need should arise.

We have been out of the house for entire day, no diaper required. And she has used a public bathroom. I showed her how to properly tp the seat before she can get near it. :)

And, it has just dawned on me, I cannot tell you the last time I changed a poopy diaper. Ah, the blessings.

No comments: