Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Recovery from the Big Day

The whole ordeal was a lot easier than I was planning on. Checking it was no fun. Joey gave that poor nurse a run for her money. He wouldnt wear the hospital pajamas, and totally freaked when she insisted he take his crocs off. He refused his blood pressure, and he acted like that little temperature sticker was burning his skin off. She was totally defeated. She was so nice to us. I felt really bad.

When the time came for him to go through those door, two cute nurses came to get him. One was named Mindy and totally fit her name. She was an older woman, very grandma-like. We walked to the double doors and Mindy took Joey from Mike and my heart fell on the floor. I couldnt hold back my tears. Joey was screaming for us. And I agonized over whether or not we made the right decision.

45 mins later we were reunited with Joey. He was just waking up, and confused. And thus began the 3 hour wait before we were allowed to go home. I dont sit still well. So, this was one of the hardest things I had to do. 3 hours felt like ALL DAY. Joey begged on and off GO HOME. He missed Ally and couldnt wait to see her again. We were finally given the blessing to go around noon.

At home, Joey did great. He ate a bunch of popsicles, watched TV, played his Leapster, played trains and talked up a storm. I couldnt believe it. I then knew we had made the right decision. He went to sleep right on time. And woke up at 8:00am. He is acting like Normal-Joey, only he poops out a little quicker than normal.

I am hopeful this will continue. However, a part of me thinks it just the calm before the storm. There is no way we can get off this easy. Where is the crying? The refusal to eat/drink? The grumpiness? The whining about his throat? Is it really possible we will make it through this whole ordeal with out all these things?? Whoooo....Only time with tell.

No comments: