Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Sneaky Snake

If there is one thing I cannot stand in this world its Snakes. (There are a few others, but lets just focus on snakes for right now.)

I dont like them. I dont like the way they move, the way they just pop up on you, the way you can never tell which way they are going. I just dont like them. And I hate seeing them, especially outside in their natural habitat.

They just freak me out.

Today Mike decides to take the kids for a hike, to give me a break. Yes, he is great guy. It gave me a chance to sit around and play Toontown. Super. lol

They went to Peterson Park in Wolcott to walk on the trail. Somewhere we go all the time. And only once have we ever found a snake.

When they came home my son had an empty Starbucks container in hand. "Look mom, I gotta show you."

"Show me WHAT?"

A SNAKE. Right there coiled up in the bottom of what used to be a Vanilla Soy Iced Coffee. A ring neck snake. That my 4 year found all by himself.
He was so proud of that snake. And I was so repulsed. Even though its the smallest snake I have ever seen.





Yes, that is Joey's little hand.

















That is my little princess playing with a snake.












Anyway, the snake didnt stay in captivity long. Mike let the kids play with it for a few minutes and then let it go in the backyard.

Yep, thats right. So it can come into the house in the middle of the night, and kill me in my sleep.

No comments: