Sunday, July 6, 2008

My legs hurt, and I am ashamed.

Lets talk about something other than tonsils and surgery.

My legs.

Mike and I were on this health-kick for awhile. We read health magazines and ate whole foods and nothing was processed. We did yoga daily and cardio regularly. We went to the gym and played racquetball.

We felt better than ever.

And then something happened, and we fell off the bandwagon.

Back to doing everything unhealthy and feeling like crap. Why? I dunno. Probably because its easier. And cheaper. Organic everything really adds up quick. Who has time for Yoga and cardio?

Anyway, back to me and my legs.

We decided to take the kids out the house. We had been house-bound during Joey's recovery. We were all cranky and hostile. Despite the doctor orders to stay home and relax, we went out.
Joey loves castles, so we ventured to Meriden to Castle Craig at Hubbard Park. Let use the term castle loosely. Its more like a glorified tower. But, to my 4 year old, it was the biggest castle in the world.




For those of you that have been there, you are aware that there are stairs involved. Not many. But still stairs. Maybe 50 stairs. No biggie. My kids climbed them with ease. Mom was a little nervous because the landings were slatted and therefore you could see through them. Makes me a little queasy. Nevertheless, We climbed to the top. Enjoyed the view, and went back down to the bottom.

Last night my legs were sore. I mentioned it aloud, and Mike agreed that his legs were also sore. Hmmm....Could it have been from the journey up the stairs? No way. We hike all the time. We are active. We walk. We run around like idiots with the kids. Surely, a few stairs cant have this effect, right?

Today my legs are WORSE. I can hardly move. Am I in that bad of shape that my body is aching from just walking up some steps? This cant be good. I actually took a Motrin! That speaks volumes, because I never take anything.

Sigh. Maybe this is an indication we need to reintroduce ourselves to the whole grains, and the daily yoga.
Maybe tomorrow.

No comments: