Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The Eve of the Eve

I have been a mommy and wife for 4+ years now. And there is one thing I have yet to figure out.

How the heck can I keep my house clean?? HOW? HOW? HOW?

Mind you, my house isnt dirty. Its just not as put together as I would like it to be. For instance today was my day to clean my house top to bottom in preparation for Christmas morning. I had two rooms completely and totally clean to my standards.

And then my mom showed up to spread Christmas joy in the form of Christmas presents for the kids. Dont get me wrong, I am glad she came over, and the kids had a blast tearing open her packages, but geesh. I just cleaned that room!



And then I gave up. Clearly there was no point in pursuing house cleaning, when I would just need to redo it tomorrow.

Being that I am doing the 30 day shred, and trying to live a healthier lifestyle, I pretty much banned Christmas cookies in our house this year. However, I've come to realize, every kid should have the fun of making homemade cookies for the jolly man in the red suit. So I caved.

Into the mixer went the butter, sugar and white flour. I enlisted the help of my bff, Lyndsay. Rolling out cookies and use cookie cutters is a rite of passage. Joey was happy to do a few. Ally, on the other hand, would still be sitting at the table right now if I let her.


Oh, and here is a fun picture of Ally and the rats.


I thought I would take a few pictures of our Christmas decor. Its been up since the day after Thanksgiving. And once the Christmas holiday is over with. So is the tree and everything that goes along with it. I get anxious to take everything Christmas down and restore the house to original order. And based on the kids Christmas lists, we are going to need the extra space. Seriously.




Tomorrow will be my day to clean the rest of the house. Who am I kidding? I will be cleaning the whole house. And I will shamelessly park the two little tornadoes in front of the TV to watch Christmas Specials.
I am planning a nice Christmas breakfast. And all the prep work will be done tomorrow. I still have to run out with my niece to get her shoes. I have a few more things to wrap. Its Ally's turn tomorrow to move the star on the Advent calendar. And then we get to help Santa put all the gifts around the tree.
Its going to be a busy day. But well worth all the effort for the Grand Finale Thursday morning!

No comments: