Monday, December 29, 2008

My 2008 Questionnaire

Stole this from All & Sundry...

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?

Took the kids on vacation without my husband. Not that I wanted to, but he couldnt get time off from work. It was the first time I had to parent alone for any length of time. And we all did just fine.

Also this year we started donating to charity.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

My New Years resolution was to be more positive and to strive to be a better me. Its still a work in progress.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

Yes, my niece was born in January 2008.

4. Did anyone close to you die?

Yes, not extremely close to me, but he will be missed & we had to say good-bye to our family dog

5. What countries did you visit?

Just the U.S.A

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?

My own income. But until the kids are both in school, I dont see how that is possible. And more time to spend with my husband.

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

Christian dying in Iraq, having to put the dog to sleep after 15 1/2 years, registering to vote, voting, and the big finale Election Day

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

We all made it safely another year. That is pretty amazing, isnt?

9. What was your biggest failure?

Jumping off the healthy lifestyle bandwagon. Glad to say, I am back on.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

No, thankfully.

11. What was the best thing you bought?

A Brand New Washing Machine. (How sad is that?)

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

My kids. I could not ask for more respectful, polite, loving kids. They amaze me everyday.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

That stupid mother in Florida who killed her daughter.

14. Where did most of your money go?

Bills. Bills. Bills. Joey. Ally.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

Christmas. For some reason this year, Christmas gave me so much joy, and so much to be thankful for. I fell face first into the entire Christmas season.

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?

Apple Bottom Jeans and Boots with the fur. Joey still sings that song.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? happier, much happier
b) thinner or fatter? thinner, barely
c) richer or poorer? richer in life, about the same in finances

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?

Read more, saved more, spent more time with Mike and kept better in touch with friends

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?

Waste my time with the DVR and computer (but here I am on the damn computer)

20. How did you spend Christmas?

Big breakfast at my house for the in-laws, Lynz and Scott, and then the afternoon at my grandma's house

21. Did you fall in love in 2008?

I've been in love for a LONG time.

22. What was your favorite TV program?

LOST

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?

Not anyone additional, maybe just a little more hate towards the individuals on the list

24. What was the best book you read?

A New Earth

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?

I rediscovered Stone Temple Pilots

26. What did you want and get?

Time. And Health.

27. What did you want and not get?

The stupid loan paid off. Maybe next year.

28. What was your favorite film of this year?

I rarely go to the movies, and I rarely ever watch movies.

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

I turned 28. All my friends came over and we had a relaxed party.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

More debt paid off, an awesome family vacation would have been amazing and being able to have been there when my brother got married.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?

Comfortably simple.

32. What kept you sane?

My kids cute little faces. Mike. All my friends who listen to me bitch and moan. Starbucks. Target. Shopping Online.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

John McCain

34. What political issue stirred you the most?

The whole election had me at the edge of my seat. Not the result I was hoping for, but we will see how it all plays out.

35. Who did you miss?

Samantha. And Bob.

36. Who was the best new person you met?

OMG, Did I meet anyone new this year? I guess I will go with Lynz bf, Scott. But I think I am cheating but I think they met before this year started. I need to get out more.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.

"Time waits for no one at all. No, not even you"

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

"With the eyes of a child
You must come out and see
That your world's spinning 'round
And through life you will be
A small part
Of a hope
Of a love
That exists
In the eyes of a child you will see" -The Moody Blues

No comments: